Monday, October 20, 2003

Hey Gals!
Did everyone have a good or at least decent weekend? I'm still working on getting the new laptop fixed up. One thing that really saved me a lot of time was a wizard thing that helps you save your settings & files. The only thing I wished is that I had a choice (and maybe I did, but just glossed over it) as to what I wanted & what I didn't. I have that "Comet Cursor" and it's more like a "Comet Curse" sometimes- and once you have it, it's difficult to uninstall it. I still have files on the old system that I just need to save to CD as well as programs to save on CD- will probably do that this weekend. I will also need to add some stuff to the new system (wallpapers from the old system & fonts). I may do that tonight. I also need to load my photo software & the scanner. LOL, I found out my old laptop is a 64MB- this new one is a 512MB. No wonder it was so slow! ;-) It's still good, though and we're going to use it for the navigation software. He's been wanting to do that for months, but I was always afraid of how little space would be left when it was loaded. Not anymore! :-) Saw Rick quite a few times this weekend- that was sure nice for a change, as usually he's on during the week when I'm not home. He looked like he was really having a good time covering the Series. I can't remember when I wrote last- the last 3 days have been a blur. Friday afternoon was lovely (sorta sarcastic)- nothing like getting 5 apps in and *of course* they need coverage approved for Saturday. Let's just say I got a bit blunt and said, "um....you know? NO." I've had too much of that as of late, so it's become a sore spot. My motto? "Tough doo-doo". I've always been too much of a "yes" person & not enough of a "no" person...I think they call that a *pushover*. I'm going to start pushing BACK. Anyway....

I just had to email Rick after the Yankees beat the Red Sox. Basically I said, "Well, I should say "congrats" on the Yankees winning the Championship and
going to the World Series; I will be rooting for them (*someone* needs to
ruthlessly beat the darn Marlins!). It appears that the Curses (Bambino and
billygoat) for the Red Sox & the Cubs respectively; but I must say they put
up quite a battle. Best of luck to the Yankees- go net those Marlins! Come
to think of it, it must have been that 27 cents you added to the Babe's
tombstone... ;-)". To which he replied, "what an incredible game 7! and a great series. hope the marlins at least make it interesting...
and yes, i take FULL CREDIT. it WAS the 27 cents! unless they lose. then
i have nothing to do with it." What a humorous response- I was LMAO.

Teri-Did you get the envelope? Hope so! I think we should make Rick an honorary Scorpio! ;-) (of course this has nothing to do with me being one, LOL!).

Ellen-LOL at the email! ;-) Yay! I'm glad you're getting back to the computer world again (i.e., away from web tv). What kind did you order? That's great that you'll be able to eventually become more involved in the blog! :-)

Jayel-LMAO at the analogy! YEAH! I'm going to definitely try to think of it that way since it *will* make me laugh, or at least smile. These guys definitely look good in leather jackets- Rick wore on on, um....I think Sunday? I'm confused today. LOL, either that or I'm just not used to catching so much of him in one weekend! I know what you mean about Geraldo- there *was* one positive Geraldo thing this weekend and that was at the end of his Saturday show, he had Rick on live at the Series. Geraldo joked around with him and mentioned that covering the Series must be better than getting shot at. It was a nice little conversation- of course nothing like Shep & Rick but then again, what is? Wow, Greg moving to DC, huh? That's a *definite* promotion. Yep- I'd love to see one of the guys fill in on Fox & Friends- that'd be worth getting up at 3:00 or at least 4:00 for. LOL about the O'Reilly comment about jeans & t-shirts! ;-)

Well, gotta get to work, will catch up later at lunch. (still have Friday evening's posts & the weekend's to read). Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home