Thursday, October 09, 2003

Hey Girlies!
Nothing quite like hearing the Blue Angels fly over your workplace! ;-) I always think it's pretty cool when they do that, but it makes others nervous. Fleet Week always reminds me of when I moved up here- to which, yesterday marks my 9th year being here in CA/Bay Area (10/8/94). Good grief, I can't believe it's been that long! I mean I *really* can't believe it's been that long.....As much as the political climate drives me bonkers here, I still walk around downtown thinking, "Wow, I can't believe I live here now" (in a GOOD way!). FW also reminds me of when Kevin & I were first really dating.

WHOA!!! There were like more than one that just went by and it was LOUD! ;-) I *really* should go to lunch & watch them- I think if they're practicing tomorrow I will (since it's probably too late now). I'd like to come into the City this weekend, but there's just *so many* people there, and they're all crammed into this tiny area of town (for those of you that may be familiar, usually down at the Marina Green, Aquatic Park area by the Cable Car turnaround, and to Pier 39 in general). We went in 1997 I think. It was cool when I worked down in that area (Hyde & Beach Sts- could see the Cable Car turnaround, the bay, & the Golden Gate from our office windows) since I could go out at lunch and really get to watch them practice.

Teri-I'm so excited that you got the photo! In a way I'm surprised that it wasn't preceded by an email- it just showed up out of the blue. That was nice that he didn't rub it in by saying "Thanks for watching" when you don't have FNC- he's someone who really takes time and is thoughtful. It was great talking to you too! Hope you're feeling better- look at it this way, you're probably all set for winter- you've done your time for the cold season! *Definitely* keep us posted if you get a reply due to the note & Ah-nold currency.

Jayel- Bummer! I wish Shep was up there with H & C in the ratings. BUT....at least they're all around higher than CNN & (P)MSNBC! ;-) Good grief (as Shep likes to say)- MTV's Nick & Jessica was 3.1, LOL! I thought it was funny that I couldn't remember the women who covered the election- you're right, they're definitely competent, but other than the ones I see all the time and recognize (Laurie and Rita for two), they don't stand out much to me. Jeff G. was on Fox Report yesterday reporting about school sports programs and how parents are having to pay for their kids' sporting activities. I believe he was in IL.

Sherry-LOL- I just read your post after telling Jayel about what Jeff G was reporting on. He was looking cute....he's kinda growing on me too, but Rick & Todd are still my top two favorites. It's so funny, whenever I see Adam on, I always think, "Ooh- I hope Sherry's watching!" Did you ever get your photo from Rick? I'm trying to remember now if he emailed you and asked if he sent you one, or if you tried him again after I got mine....Sounds like he's back in town, so you may want to try again. Hopefully Adam will send one to ya too. That'd be great!
EDIT: I found a place online that has scrapbooking stuff too as well as general crafts- herrschners. I ordered (naturally) a couple of latch hooks from there just recently and requested a catalogue today. Thought you may be interested. ;-)

So.....well I need to go heat up my lunch. (Cooked) Frozen Peas and Garlic & Vegetable instant Rice Noodle Soup (Thai Kitchen- soooo good!). I'll check in later before I go home. Need to drop off the contacts (again) and make a Costco/Target run on the way home. That counts as exercise, right?! LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home