Monday, July 28, 2003

Hey all! I was going to post last night after I copied some stuff on to CD, but I was having so much trouble (had to reboot-like hard reboot- at least seven times within a half hour or so) that I just wanted to put the dang thing away. I think that frustration came out in a dream last night- just a snippet of me trying to download/save a Fox news report (from Todd I think) to disc, and then I was getting multiple copies w/o meaning to....it didn't make much sense other than the fact that I was having so many problems anyway with my laptop. I'm sad and highly irritated at the same time; not a good way to start off a Monday. It looks like Bob Hope died last night- I know he was 100, but it's the end of an era. It seems like there's been a lot of the old era lost this year so far. Like *major* people. Bob Hope, Gregory Peck, Katherine Hepburn....I'm sure there are other major ones that I'm forgetting. I'm irritated 'cause we were hearing on the radio this AM that if you make $90,000/year (and this is *combined* income) that you're in the top 10% and you pay 67% of the tax. Now, we're in that range, just barely, and yet, gee- why can't we afford the things we *should* be able to afford then if we're so "rich"??? Unless we bust our asses & work a ton of OT, we can't afford to buy a house remotely close to work, we can't really afford to have kids- why? Oh YEAH- I forgot.....'CAUSE WE HAVE TO PAY FOR PEOPLE WHO *DON'T* WORK AND WHO GET SOMETHING FOR *NOTHING*! argh. *NOT* a good thing for me to hear and set me off on Monday. I'm at the point where I tell my parents that they will prolly not have grandkids from me 'cause we can't afford to 'cause we're paying for all the illegals who run over the border, have their kids for free, and then *stay* because their kids are so-called "citizens"; or they have them here for free & run back over the border. Ok- gotta get off that subject FAST.....*reluctantly steps down soapbox* Oh yeah, and the usual runarounds at work. I'm getting dizzy from all the circles I keep having to run around in. :-p

*MAYBE* just *MAYBE* today will be the day.....I haven't replied yet- I figure I'd reply to his email today or tomorrow, that way if he forgot to send it, it'll be kind of a "nudge, nudge".

Melissa- Great to see ya back! We've missed you! Now if we can just get Leslie to resurface.... ;-D LMAO about the capitalized "SO" too. (Then I started thinking more about what that meant....I've finally decided that it is what it is- that he's sorry- LOL- see what happens with me when I stress out? I start picking apart *everything*.) I saw him w/o the skanky boonie- he was boonie-less LOL. But it was the coverage that we first saw his hair again. LOL- I have that book (The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) but haven't read it- but I know the concept. ROFLMAO- could you just see us now? The comments are there again- yay! I just love going back & reading the old stuff..... now if I can just get my archives in my own blog to work....I don't know what they did during the conversion, but I haven't done anything to it so I assume it's from what they (Blogger) did.

Sherry- Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'm not much of a Rum drinker- there's something that's too strong about the taste of it. Maybe I just need the right combination, 'cause the drinks you mentioned sound good. Urgh- floppies. It took me forever last night to get that done- and I still have a lot to go, but hopefully the ones I have left are more reliable. I think they are 'cause they're newer and most of what's on them came from work done on my laptop or my work computer. The older ones were from older computers- one good & one crappy. I know what you mean about not being sure and yet not wanting to wait much longer for kids. I'm in that same spot- I really like the freedom, but sometimes I feel like I'm missing out on something "bigger" in life. But I really don't know if I'm the "mommy type" either. I get squeamish when kids have tummy troubles, and I'd prolly be one of those moms who worry too much. But, you never know till you try it- I could end up having a totally different opinion! I think Kevin thinks about it more than I do.

Jen- Mmmmm I *love* deviled eggs! My grandma makes them every year for my sister & I when we go to AZ for the holidays. I'm sorry you're not having luck with the protein bars & that the oompas haven't packed up & left for good! I saw Greg a couple of times yesterday- I think it was mainly earlier (well earlier for me) in the day & maybe early afternoon.....I know he was on this AM as we were going out the door (9:00 your time). It was the kinda shiny black shirt (or dark blue? hard for me to tell....). Sorry I didn't get on AIM yesterday like I had wanted to, but the computer had other plans.....

Nan- You've been busy too! We've learned that it's less stressful to go to Costco after work during the week rather than on the weekend. Just too many people. It *is* a great feeling knowing that pretty much everything is done. I haven't felt that in awhile- but I'm making progress on my stuff & as they say it's not the end of the road, but rather the journey in getting there that's important. I really have to keep reminding myself of that- with home & work as well. I heard about the fire in Riverside County- it sounded like it was fairly large- is that the one he went to? You know, I was musing this morning that I prolly remember more of the shots & some of Rick's commentary from that day more than I remember he himself. I remembered that scene where people were running and then the guy (presumably Rick) ducked down in front of the car when all the debris blew by. I remember that he kept talking pretty much the whole time it was happening.....so that was Rick, huh? Wow. I saw that documentary too- that was so moving. I definitely don't remember when he was in Afghanistan- but we were out of town for a bit during that time and I was in school. That was the last time I flew- Oct. 2001- right about the time the Anthrax scares happened. I bought the airline tickets Sept 5 or Sept. 6, and going through with the trip was prolly one of the hardest decisions I have ever made. Arthur Kent (AKA "the ORIGINAL Scud Stud" LOL) was cute too- I'll always remember how he was on a roof and everytime something went off, he'd duck, but still be talking LOL. I can't remember, but I know my mother in law has either hypo or hyperthyroidism- but I'm leaning toward the hypo one. I know she takes pills for it. My sister had an enlarged thyroid for a short time, but to my knowledge she hasn't had any other problems. That must be so frustrating, but it sounds like you take it in stride. Yikes! BOTH Michael & Ariana??? That'd be scary, but yeah, you're right- could be humorous too! Good points about not knowing when to start a family- my mother in law says "it's not the having them, it's the raising them". I just had to say "AWWWW" when I read the last sentence "And of course God was right, he is a blessing and can't imagine my life without him." How sweet!

a- I saw Rita on, but wasn't paying attention I don't think...either that or she was on after my hubby gained control of the remote LOL! It *was* really great coming in on Friday & seeing that email there. It was one of those anticipation moments- both when I opened Outlook & then when I saw it there. I think I read another email first- I guess I was kinda afraid to see what it said LOL. Made *me* smile!

OK- I really gotta get to work.....I'll check in with ya'll later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home