Sunday, July 27, 2003

I'm dreadfully blog-challenged right now. Somehow I've 'lost' my archives in my blog- the posts are *there* but the dates for the archives are missing. (They were there before but when I clicked on them nothing happened. I followed Blogger's instructions for 'reconnecting' them but when I did that, republished all, all the dates were gone). *sigh* I need to clean it up anyway- the comments are placed oddly so gotta find a better way of placing those. So, for now, I've given up on it- I'm going to save that for another day. Melissa- I can see how easily one can change the template on the wrong blog- so don't feel bad (if you still do) about the wrong blog editing. Something that occurred to me was that I should save all my writings to disc- on my blog as well as in my livejournal- I'm just paranoid of losing my writing. Hmmm.....that could be because my first semester's writing work is on a floppy that cannot be read by either my home or work computers....but I *think* I have everything printed out- it's either around here somewhere or in storage. So. Better safe than sorry. I've been lazy all day- just going through some mags & messing around with my blog.....

Jan- Glad you're feeling better! Isn't it odd that the worst of 'em often come in the summer? Useless trivia.....that's our specialty in the O'Neill household too! I have *no* idea how we retain stuff....especially the useless trivia kind. I may not know what day of the week it is (sometimes not even the year) but I can pull something useless out of my hat easily, LOL! I hope you're right about him being extremely sorry to capitalize- it was one sentence: SO sorry. At first I thought, "uh-oh...that *almost* comes across irritated-like", but the more I think about it, the more I think it's just in my mind (I hope). Yeah, I'm sure he's been teased about his all lower case emails, lol. That is cool that he really cares. And *I'm* really glad we stopped taking on water too! : ) But that's what bilge pumps are for and thank God this one works- WELL. I'm glad to know you don't have TB :-D I can understand how they do test for that- you just never know these days.

OMG- I'm not sure what show's on right now (Cal Thomas maybe?) but I looked up and they were playing a snippet of Rick when he was in Iraq w/o the skanky boonie- wow, that was just a shock LOL.

Jen- hope the oompas packed their bags & left! Can you not take meds anymore at all, or just for right now? How awful that would be to have a killer headache & not be able to take meds......I'm sure by how (I hope) it's gone- but what you can try next time is putting some ice in a baggie & then put that in a sock and put it on your head where it hurts the most. My mom said that works for her- I tried it once and somehow after you get past the brain freeze it does seem to help. Hope you feel better! ROFLMAO- an old lady in the risque lingerie section???? Yikes! I got your emails! :-D I'll prolly reply tomorrow- I'm about to drop for the night I think.

Sherry- Sounds like you had your hands full today! About losing the post....yeah, and not only can you not remember, but then you're so frustrated that you just want to do short answers and call it a night (at least that's the way I felt last night).

a- yeah- Rick's quick to reply- and that's so great because there are people (brokers) that I work with and send emails requesting additional info and they take days to get back to me if they get back to me at all. So it's really cool that he replies that quickly especially considering that there's nothing saying that he has to reply. It's a good feeling.

Denise- Glad you're feeling better too! That's a great compliment- it's so hard to get appreciation sometimes and it's always great to hear it. One of the broker's assistants sent my supervisor & mgr an email about how well I was doing- my supervisor was impressed and mentioned it. It's those kinds of things that make you feel good about what you're doing. I'm not sure what to think on the whole Kobe thng.....I definitely know I need to hear more (via court stuff) to decide for myself. There's a lot of weird circumstances on both sides. I know what you mean about venting.....I think we have a great place here for all emotions, without having the fear of being put down or something. :-D I've seen other 'lists' (early blogs?) where people have major "flame wars" as they call them... not pretty. Cats are cool! I know what you mean about kids though- I find myself wanting them, but I'm just not sure. LOL yeah, Rick's prolly thinking "Oh God, not her again!" LOL Now wouldn't *THAT* be funny if he wanted to meet. Basically he said that it was still on his desk and that he would try to send it out yesterday (Friday). In my email I just asked if he'd sent it as I hadn't received it and said if possible could he FedEx it so the USPS doesn't lose it again. He didn't say anything about how he was sending- so I guess I'll find out- hopefully. I feel the same about my paycheck too....I try not to even look at it 'cause I don't really want to know much I'm *not* getting. I do get tired of giving something for nothing though. We need more people here in the US to wake up and realize what we all already know here- particularly the politicians who turn a deaf ear and a blind eye to what's happening. LMAO about the Blockbuster/INS joke! LMAO about the trivial pursuit thing- I think I posted something very similar above about remembering.... I'm not sure why Fox uses a "u" instead of an "o" for Bin Laden. I was curious about that too. Hey- that program you got for the virtual makeover- was that the Cosmo one? I've seen that at Costco and thought about it- just for fun ('course I need a computer with more memory before I get anything else....sounds like a lot of fun!

Jayel- You're right- Greta sure seems to have a constant round of lawyers on her show.... I'm all for "All Fox Hotties, All the Time"- LOL!! I don't think Rick got that many emails either before (and I could be *completely* wrong on that), but I just don't see a whole lot of people emailing journalists on an ongoing basis (say like people do with film & music stars & such). I think he prolly got a lot of emails during & immediately after the war, but now......they may have died down a bit. I think Fox people just seem more on the approachable side- so in that way I would agree that emails to reporters are a Fox news Phenomenon. Rick must be one of the appreciative ones as he's replied to a lot of our emails. I would have to honestly say that unless it was to view my opinion that I haven't ever emailed any reporters until a couple of months ago. I'm going to go out on a naive limb here- who's Eric Shawn?? LOL- I may have seen him and just don't know it....

Nan- I'm a yeller too! (Well, that may not really be something to be proud of, but...so be it). I need a rubber room sometimes... Do you have hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism (I think that's right...) Sorry to hear what they did to your arm with all the blood tests. LOL- sorry about the horrible scenario! But it would be awful! I think the mystery runner they were talking about yesterday morning was Huffington (the guy- not Ariana- I just can't remember his name- Michael??) God help us all if Pelosi became Gov & Hillary POTUS. Oh, the poor birdie! :-( I occasionally watch Cavuto during the repeat- usually I set the timer on the tv and I go to sleep by Fox. The only reporter that stands out to me from GW I is Arthur Kent- the original 'Scud Stud' LOL. He was cute though.....now he's doing something on the History Channel - "History's Mysteries", I believe.

OK- as I said above, I'm about to drop for the night, so I bid ya'll adieu. Have a great one!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home