Friday, October 03, 2003

Hey gals!
I'm just getting around to posting....I'm literally running around blind today. Eye Dr's orders to keep my left eye lens free due to a healing scratch I have. So.... I prolly won't be on too much this weekend. I can get away without with the computer at work, but not at home. I can't put my lenses in again until Sunday- she thinks that's why the left lens is so uncomfortable. It just drives me crazy to not be able to see clearly (glass prescription is out of date too). So....the managers & supervisors are all offsite for a mtg, I can't see......so it's been one of those slacking kinds of days. This week's been a write off as far as I'm concerned- I was sick the first half (& therefore sluggish), 2 hr mtg yesterday (which always throws my schedule off), and well you know the story for today! ;-) Next week's another week! Looks like I'll have to do things this weekend that don't require focusing- LOL- now just watch, it'll be a hottie filled weekend on Fox and I won't be able to see them- unless I'm two feet from the TV ;-) It'll be the large print books (i.e.- trade paperbacks vs. mass market) for me!

Oooh! Hot Toddie was on, huh! I'm making note of the time- thanks Jayel! :-) Glad I set the vcr today- almost didn't since it's been a sorta slow week.

OK- catch up time:
Leslie-You guessed the song right! You win the Grand Prize- Dinner and Dessert with your choice of Fox Men (only one of of them, so choose wisely, LOL!!). I know who you'd pick! ;-) Alan Colmes. JUST KIDDING, hehehe! Oh, yeah- the roller rinks- OMG- I'd *completely forgotten* about the pompoms on the skates!! I had 'em too, but forget the color. I think I made them though. LOL, I got bored again with the music I had on so just for the hell of it, I'm trying the disco station (just for old time's sake)- MACHO MAN is on now, LOL! LOL how you tease your hubby. No matter what he says, I'll bet deep down he finds it funny. ;-) You know what I always remember about being at the rollerrink? They'd have those darn couples skate times- I was too young (and too plain looking) to have someone ask me. Whenever I hear "Dog & Butterfly" by Heart I always think of the couple skates- that was one of the biggies. Of course, it has a different meaning for me now. I think I went up to 7th grade maybe? After that I either had other stuff going on or grew out of it. I always used to skate on our driveway though, complete with my Radio Shack tape player. I used to do half turn jumps, backwards, circles....ah, those were the days! LOL.

Jayel- Wow, I'm surprised that Greg replied & so quick. That's great! Did you just send to the standard email format for the Fox people? (firstname.lastname@foxnews.com). That's how I did that one to Todd, but no reply yet. I forget now what Greg Burke looks like- will have to watch & see. Let's hope they're back in full force next week!! The video sounds cute- you have me curious- can you email me the video? An all hotties all the time Fox channel would be *awesome*...but will probably only survive in our dreams, LOL!

LMAO- Ya'll remember "The Hustle"??? I haven't heard this song in *AGES UPON AGES* (Ok, I'm having a lot of guilty pleasures here with the music- but it is fun sometimes!).

Melissa-Hey, girlie! Where've ya been? :-) Ah, so *YOU'RE* the Melissa Shep was talking about! ;-) Hope everything's going great for ya- I assume you're megabusy with school.

Nan-Funny how boys in their late teens/early 20's tend to be like that (sarcastic), huh! Kevin's youngest son (who just turned 19) is like that. We always say, "uh-huh" or "sure you're right" LOL! I agree- we need to go and kidnap Leslie for a girls' week out! ;-) LOL- yep the peas were cooked (well, they were cool by the time I ate 'em). Isn't it funny how you always pick out your favorite candy to hand out (keeping a healthy stash behind for yourself)? I always seemed to do that- never occurred to me to get stuff I'm not fond of so that I wouldn't feel like I had to have it. "Free calories" reminds me of something a CFO said at my job two jobs ago. He would break the doughnut in half and "shake all the calories out" LOL. Are Reese's peanut butter cups your favorite too?? Those are my all time favorite, I think. I'm a total weakling around those. Oh my, I can't believe your son did that with your home computer! LOL! That's sarcastic & crafty- but funny, lol!

Jan- I'm having a bit of a time trying to imagine older women with younger men- the 38 and 24 thing I can handle (naturally) with the man being older, but the other way around? Plus, not to mention that gals mature faster than guys (not always, but on average). A two year younger guy was too immature for me- thoght he'd grow out of it, but he never did- I don't think I could do 14! LOL- well, Niall is 22 this month & Walden is 19.....but both have girlfriends. Nan?? ;-P As Muppets go, my favorite was always the Swedish chef and the tall assistant scientist guy (forget his name, but I'm sure one of you remember....I'd know it if I heard it). I loved the analogy you gave of "let it roll like water off a duck's back" very true! And I *love* watching the ducks outside our boat 'bathe' and watching the water literally roll off their backs- that is so cool. I love our ducks right now- they're past that molting (sp?) season and the males are getting their rich green heads & smooth body colors back. I always think it's so funny that they look like the females when they're molting. Wow, before you know it, you'll have snow again.

Jen- Don't worry about sending emails! I love getting emails! The stuff that drives me crazy is the spam. I'm sorry you won't be able to do the kickball tournament! The Simpsons are always good for laughs. ;-)

Sherry- Sounds like you had a great time at the Medival Times! Kudos for sticking to your diet! :-) Awww poor kitties! It's finally cooled off- it's mid 60's weather now- MUCH better. You're right- meltdown days are good for turning into crafty days later on- lol, I think that's what I did that night as a matter of fact.

OK- I think that's it for now, and the most you'll see me type this weekend. Not being able to see is just about killing me- to the extent that I'm getting dizzy from trying to read without. The computer may be getting a good rest this weekend, LOL!