Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Hi gals! Had a meltdown (sorta) at work yesterday, so I immersed my self in hobbies last night. Long story, just probably what goes on in every office: something wasn't done correctly, but no firm bottom line how to correct this specific policyholder's issue right now- I *know* we can go about it differently in the future....but I need to know *now* what we need to do with *this one specifically* and no one has an answer. Right now I have it left up to the UW, so it's outta my hands. Being the perfectionist I am, I'm having a hard time just letting someone else handle it (maybe 'cause I know it will come back to me?). Anyway.....dang.....I used the same tape today to tape, thus copying over Fox Report....Hmmm- if Rick was on at the half hour part, I may be able to get home in time to turn it off and still see that part of the tape. Sad thing is that if I hadn't been embroiled in the above mentioned problem at work, I would have left on time instead of a half hour late and most likely would have caught most of Fox Report. We got in around 4:45 (45 min. into Fox Report). Drat. Here's something funny & humbling. I've been going through my magazines (almost done with the Cosmopolitans) - they really seem to focus on the 20-24 year old guys. If that doesn't make me feel old, I don't know what does, LOL!! ;-) I feel so unmotivated today. Hey- marina update: apparently someone else complained about the charter boat (I think I told you gals before that they had a busload of 30 that they took out on Saturday). When one of our dockmates called on Monday about it, they just said it was a done deal & they were gone. ;-) Yay! I figured that was the case when we came home Monday & the boat was gone. Couldn't miss it- 10 feet longer than the dock and a medium sky-blue color named ORCA. LOL, I'm playing with the Launch.com radio stations and I'm trying out the "Hits of 1978" station- "her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..." QUICK! Name that tune! LOL


Jayel- I'm going to have to watch for Jeff's downcast eyes (lashes) next time he's on. Girl, I just love how you observe things! I'd like to be more observant. ;-) You're right- I have to chuckle to myself when I put the words Sean + hottie together. He's easy on the eyes, but just isn't in that hottie category. LOL- I have *yet* to see one of those Fox Report ads. One of these days... ;-) ROFLMAO- "Cruzer the Loser"! I'm actually still feeling a bit under par. I *never* get stomach stuff, but this is the third day or so now that my tummy's been unsettled. It's NOTHING like it was on Monday, but I still don't have much of an appetite. It's definitely forcing me to curb my portion sizes- so I guess that's a good thing. Maybe it's just a bug- it's not great and not terrible, just *there*. Thanks for the well wishes!

Sherry- As I mentioned above, hopefully I can get out of here on time today so I can get home & stop the tape before it gets to yesterday's portion of Fox Report that Rick was on. LOL- did you mean that it's really fall on the East coast? Or did you mean West coast? Maybe you *wish* you were on the West Coast.... LOL- J/K! Fall has just got to be *beautiful* back East & in the Midwest. I just absolutely adore fall. A hayride sounds fun. Congrats on the test score! :-) Yeah, I heard about the jail lady/child story. I couldn't believe that. I guess the child survived on raw pasta, ketchup and some other things like that. LOL, I'm glad I wouldn't be the only one playing such a "all hottie inclusive" promo over & over! ;-) Chicken is really good for the WW program- it's low in points (depending how it's cooked) and it's good protein. Kevin usually will bake it in the oven using the breadcrumb stuff or even cereal- then it tastes kinda like fried chicken minus the "fried" part. I'm staring down at a bowl of frozen peas right now, trying to get the enthusiasm to eat- I like peas, but my appetite is still a bit off. It's so funny how you become "points minded" when you've been on the WW program for awhile. I find myself calculating things I've had during the day in my head and thinking what I can do with what I have left. I've been journaling again, and that really helps too.

A & Jayel- Saw Greg on yesterday & today but missed the cut on his face- You gals are really observant! ;-) Glad to see that Greg's reporting again. Now where's the rest of 'em? ;-)

Jan- LOL, Mancow's been talking about the Cubs making it as far as they have too! He was saying this is the furthest they've gotten since 1946 I think. My SF Giants are still doing awesome- I'm hoping for a second year in a row for the Series so they can "do it right this time". We had a family rivalry going on last year- my Grandma's boyfriend helps the Angels during spring training in AZ, so he knows the guys- therefore they were rooting for the Angels while I was rooting for Giants. It was kinda fun, actually. When we went to AZ for Thanksgiving last year, we took a picture of me in my Giants Division Champs shirt and chuck wearing his Angels cap & jacket. You know, I was reading an article and wondered if some of these 'sinus' h/a might actually be migraines- especially since my mom gets them. The only thing is, I've always heard when you have one you tend to be light sensitive and I'm not when I have those. But the thought has crossed my mind. I've always heard that the flu shot wasn't supposed to make you feel icky; maybe it's a bug. I agree with you on your note to Jen: "how you can feel lousy and still make it to school sure says a lot about how strong you are even if you don't think you are"- AMEN! Jen- you're a STRONG gal- never forget that. :-) LOL, "half-hottie"-- that phrase is too cute!! Have to remember that one.

Nan- OMG- how could I have forgotten CSI?? I thought I had one missing from the few I listed. I could also throw ER in there, although it's been ages since I've watched it. We watched Threat Matrix & it wasn't bad. LOL, isn't that a kind of bittersweet/sad feeling to see that a lot of the guys they have in the shows & magazines (like Cosmo, as mentioned above) are all in their early 20's? LOL (sorta). ;-P We sent our absentee ballots in yesterday.....let's keep our fingers crossed. You know what's sad? I can watch the gross stuff on Fear Factor for the most part, but when it comes to shows where they're showing knee surgeries, I can't handle it. There are *some* things though that I draw the line on in Fear Factor, and they were so gross/sad that I won't even mention them.

Jen- I don't think you have to worry about becoming like Jessica Simpson! We'll be sure to give you an attitude adjustment though if you ever do ;-P
I'm sorry you had to go through the Jiggy moving again for nothing- what a drag! You go, girl for taking all those steps! I hope your surgeon can help you soon- you've got to be able to eat again, the sooner the better! You and I *both* think too much- it does keep you from doing the things you really want to do though, believe me. If I were in your position and had the chance to go, I would. Ah, yes- Melrose Place! I watched that all the time until the last season or so (then I was in a testosterone household that wouldn't tolerate Melrose Place, LOL!). LMAO- Reno 911- you watch that too?!? We try to catch it (it's on tonight!)- if we miss it, we watch the repeat on Saturday. That show is so stupid it's funny! We are always LOAO. I like the old Real Worlds- I stopped watching after the London one I think- I forget what came after that one. My favorite was the San Francisco one (of course). Hmmm...I'll have to try to think of a name & number for you for your kickball jersey. I'll bet Leslie can think of a GREAT one! ;-)

Leslie- ME TOO!! I want to fall back- but you know, it'll be here before you know it. Hehehe- I've been so much the slacker today that I think I've made up for lost time. ;-P or at least some of it! LMAO at the pop-up camper Fox Hottie tour idea....hehehe. Don't forget to swing out my way to get me in on the fun! ;-) Or, name the time & the place & I'll meet you there. I think you're right- that we are all perverted old ladies to some degree; it's fun, though! Girlie- you've been watching too many kiddie shows again! Sam the Eagle of the Muppets? Yeah, I think we'd have to call in reinforcements if *that* ever happened, LOL! There you go- see, I *knew* you could come up with a good jersey name for Jen! ;-) I loved that Charlie Brown cartoon when I was little- loved all of them, actually. TWELVE DOZEN cookies?? Wow, that's a LOT of cookies! Have fun! ;-)

LOL- YMCA is on- did any of you gals ever go to the rollerskating rinks and skate around doing the whole YMCA arm motions??

OK- I *should* get back to work- still need to make another post office run. Have a great one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home