Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Today's been interesting......score one for me **evil laugh** (let's just say that I came out sorta victorious on something here) but then again, I haven't gotten anything done here that I need to.....even though I specifically told a broker to fax an app to ME, it went everywhere but. So that was an hour out of my time.....but....lol- I made up for that and my lack of getting a break earlier- taking a longer lunch & went & bought some books- Waldenbooks is having the old buy 4 get the 5th free sale on now. :-D I can't believe what I'm reading about the fraud woman who posed as the missing girl.....and how the family found out *on camera*??? What's up with *that*? That is so insensitive....unbelievable.

Adam's doing bullfighting?? That's risky- hope Fox has a good worker's comp plan if something (Heaven forbid) goes wrong!

Jan- I sent you a few emails- hopefully you got them? OMG- the falling squirrel thing is just too strange/funny- I was thinking "oh no!" and yet laughing at the same time- it's just such an odd image. Poor thing! But I guess it survived the fall. Re. Greg's hair, my stepson's got a very similar receding hairline and he's only 21. Kevin keeps telling him to massage his scalp otherwise he's going to be bald by 30. He says that if the scalp gets too tight, the hair doesn't grow, so you have to massage it to keep it loose. Dunno if that's true, but Kevin's dad still has his hair but his (Kevin's) uncle lost his by 30....and let's just say Kevin's dad massaged his scalp. "obsession disguised as history"- love that!! I'm going to have to use that one.

Jen- sorry you're having protein problems.....I wish I knew of something I could tell you to try. Eggs seem to work good for you though, but I'm sure you need more. Cold compress- but you gotta use ice- just make sure you put it in a baggie & then in a sock otherwise it'll be too cold. Mmmmmm I love Swedish Meatballs! I think we may have stroganoff tonight....not sure yet. CONGRATS ON THE 6 POUNDS!! YAY!!

Nan- Isn't it just hilarious all the chatter that happens when the guys surface?? LOL! I'm greedy too- I taped today, but from what I've read it looks like no Rick & Todd today- but Adam's been on. Maybe he hasn't grown on me yet....or I'm just too picky LOL (prolly the latter). Yep- the Tivo thing came up last night- we're trying to remember which one we need....we got one & had to take it back 'cause it wasn't going to work for our setup. Not sure why....but we did figure it out, just need to remember & act on it. OMG......I *heard* about that @#%#@% surcharge that CA is going to charge for those who make more than $90,000. To think that if I was still in school, that I'd prolly have to pay that. Well. I guess that takes care of me getting a Masters at SFSU, or anywhere in CA for that matter. I *cannot believe* they are going to do that! I know what you mean....I heard that and went through the roof last night- Kevin had go outside & pry me off the top of the 75 ft mast when I heard that.

Four words: ***Blog Group Road Trip!***

Sherry- hope you have fun with your parents! OK- when I first read your squirrel story earlier, it didn't strike me the way it did Leslie (girl, you got a dirty mind- LOL!); but now that I re-read it, I thought the same thing! "He would put his nuts in there because you could hear him rolling them around" ROFLMAO!! How sad how he died though! ;*( A lot of things happen here, but *sniffle* not the reporters I really want to see are out here- they're all back east. Adam's out here (I'm sure he'll get a lot of airtime with the recall) though he hasn't grown on me yet. Maybe if I see him more.....

Leslie- LMAO at the "breaking story"! OMG- and the whole PMSing/monthly visit thing was too much- even the second time I read it (although I made sure that I wasn't eating or drinking anything this time around)! Still wiping the tears from laughing so hard.....ROFLMAO!! Group cramps! Ohhh~ your hubby got a squirrel drunk? Oh no! But that does sound funny! "more fun than a jar of peanut butter and a litter of puppies"-- I'm now ROFLMAO with *this* image! LOL!! "I have come to realize if you have the time and patience, it's a lot cheaper to subcontract the work and build your own home than buy one already built."- our thoughts exactly- which is what we want to do when we move to TX. His parents have land that we could build on- we'll just have to see what our finances are then.


Melissa- No replies on my end yet.....hopefully he got your email & replies soon! How could he *not* reply quickly? :-D You're right- what you make & what you can afford depends on where you live. If I made what I do now in AZ, I could prolly afford a house- I'm not sure what the prices are now, but when I left there in 1994, they were fairly decent- around $80,000. (five times as much here than there). You guys have a cute house! LOL- my first ex and I used to have "Betty Crocker" night- BC Meatloaf, BC au gratin potatoes & BC blueberry muffins. Was kinda good actually....the dinner that is, *ick* NOT the ex. *cringes*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home